Monday, July 23, 2007

Writing...

I don't claim to be much of a poet, or a songwriter, but lately, I've been going in both directions.  I've got a few ideas for songs, and if anyone has any ideas or feedback, please let me know.

Here's a chorus for one:

But You were pierced for my sins,

You were crushed for my transgressions

You were punished, I am free

Surely, You have borne my grief,

Your sacrifice has bought my peace

By Your wounds, I am free


Another idea...

Great God of Heaven, Lord of might,

King of Kings, You shine so bright,

You purchased my sin on Calvary's tree,

Full forgiveness, how can it be?

 

Deceived by sin and my own pride,

Always wandering from Your side,

A prodigal I'm bound to be,

Then You came and rescued me.

That part is bolded because I really like it.  I'm not sure I like it with the rest of the stuff in there...

Any thoughts?  Suggestions?  Feedback?

 


No comments: